2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003| 2002 | 2001
Magnum . . . THE Leader!
By J. L. Hardesty
How many times and in how many ways can we attempt to express the greatness of a stallion that has literally obliterated every record on the books––and continues to do so year after year? How many superlatives can we use to articulate the significance and individual excellence of a stallion that completely defies description?
Because Magnum IS––annually––the Arabian show ring’s leading sire of champions in every competition of major consequence, writers who chronicle breed history are repeatedly challenged to come up with something new to say about this phenomenon. And no matter our eloquence we are destined, always, to fall short.
Because anyone interested in Magnum can find volumes of written accounts emoting upon this endlessly engaging topic, we’ve decided to open the great horse’s web site with a brief encapsulation of the record he has set. Once you’ve perused this information, you’ll find––on this site––many of the articles penned about him throughout his ascension to the uncontested throne he now holds.
There are some statements that cannot be made too often, even at the expense of brevity. So, before providing a brief summary of Magnum’s record, we’ll share a few essential facts.
Magnum is a unique blend of genetic material, far exceeding––in excellence––any individual or combination of individuals in his pedigree. In genetic parlance, one might go so far as to refer to him as a sport: according to Webster’s, “an organism that shows a marked change from the parent stock.” In equine terminology, however, we generally refer to a sport as one that rarely passes on his strange individual quality and/or his characteristics. Not so in the case of Magnum.
It simply cannot be argued that this stallion is a beginning unto himself, the founder of a new dynasty and a stallion of almost supernatural prepotency. Unlike most stallions, Magnum is a progenitor of consistent excellence in both his sons and his daughters. Stallions by Magnum are, like him, exceptional show horses and remarkable sires. Mares by Magnum are, like their dad, brilliant and beautiful show horses and exquisite producers. Just in case you haven’t noticed, this is RARE to the 100th power!
Now, for the sake of brevity, here he is––IN BRIEF!
Leading Sire Overall Stats
- Leading Halter Sire at Scottsdale 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006
- Leading Sire at the US National Championships in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005
- Leading Sire at the Canadian National Championships 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005
- Leading Sire at MN Fall Festival 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005
- Leading Sire of AHA Yearling Sweepstakes Champions 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005
- Leading Juvenile Sire 2001, 2002, and 2003 (Setting an All Time Industry Record)
- Leading Sire of Champions 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 at the Minnesota Fall Festival
- Leading Sire of Argentine National Champions 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005